Howarth has combined traditional styles with modern production techniques to produce a superior quality sliding sash window incorporating a tilt facility on both sashes for easy cleaning.Essential Information
Howarth has combined traditional styles with modern production techniques to produce a superior quality sliding sash window incorporating a tilt facility on both sashes for easy cleaning.
As a result of the improved stability of laminated timber construction we are able to provide guarantees for up to ten years on our paint finish and six years on our stain finish.
NOTE: All guarantees are subject to limitations and are strictly dependent upon compliance with manufacturers' usage and maintenance instructions. These are available upon request.
Rot & Fungal Attack
Features & Benefits
- Window energy ratings A to C.
- Efficient 24mm double glazed unit with Sliding Sash U-Values to 1.4 W/m2K.
- Quality laminated Redwood Nordic Pine construction.
- Manufactured from FSC accredited timber on request.
- Dual-sprung balances for ease of operation.
- BRE Green Guide A+ Rated.
- Secured by Design locking system available.
- Supplied fully finished in our extended range of paints and stains.
- European Conformity.
- Extensive guarantees for long-lasting peace of mind.
- Special tilt in sash mechanism allows for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Incorporating Swisspacer ULTIMATE, the leading warm edge spacer fitted where appropriate.
Choose from a range of paint and stain finishes with built-in high performance, endurance and quality, see customisation options for further information.
Note: Frames are generally available in most standard RAL colours but no darker than Slate Grey RAL 7015. For information on RAL colours please contact the Sales Office on 0330 119 2369.
Note: All Howarth paint/stain finishes are silk and not high gloss.Customisation Options
Standard Paint Finishes
Standard Stain Finishes
- Mortar key groove
- External vent canopy and fly screen
- Dual weatherseal
- Night vent positioned in top rail of sash for optimum performance, overhead vents available at additional costs
- Sashes operate using the spring balance method for ease of operation
- Drained and vented bead standard
- Sash fastener
- Brush draught seal - allows easier sash movement and provides maximum protection from air and water penetration
- Both sashes tilt inwards for ease of cleaning
- Accepts 24mm sealed units
- 6 degree slope on glazing platform for standard drained and vented glazing
- 18mm rebate upstands for improved glazing perfromance and durability
- 9 degree slope on sill to assist drainage
Sill options shown are:
A= Flush sill (157mm)
B= Standard sill (171mm)
C= Extended sill (205mm)
Cross Section Through Horizontal
- Typical standard mullion
- Sashes operate on double sprung balance system. Requires less effort to lift than windows incorporating spiral balance mechanism
- Typical standard jamb
DownloadsOur Product Specification, Technical Specification and current brochure are available in PDF format for you to download and make an informed decision.
If there's something you can't find, please don't hesitate to contact us.
GET IN TOUCH
Please use the link below to contact Howarth Timber Windows & Doors and we will get back to you within 48 hours.