The Stormproof Side and Top Hung Casement range offers a tried and tested cost-effective window solution. Versatile in both style and appearance, the Stormproof Side and Top Hung range is suited to almost any development.Essential Information
The Stormproof Side and Top Hung Casement range offers a tried and tested cost-effective window solution. Versatile in both style and appearance, the Stormproof Side and Top Hung range is suited to almost any development.
This range can now be supplied with a WER 'A' Rating for energy efficiency, this reduces energy demand for heating, thus lessening the environmental impact. In addition, the Howarth Stormproof Side and Top Hung Range earns an A+ Rating from the BRE Green Guide for environmental performance. As a result of the improved stability of laminated timber construction we are able to provide guarantees for ten years on our paint finish and six years on our stain finish.
NOTE: All guarantees are subject to limitations and are strictly dependent upon compliance with manufacturers' usage and maintenance instructions. These are available upon request.
Rot & Fungal Attack
Features and Benefits
- Window energy ratings A to C.
- Efficient 24mm double glazed unit with Stormproof U-Values to 1.3 W/m2K.
- Quality laminated Redwood Nordic Pine construction.
- Manufactured from FSC accredited timber on request.
- Available in various design and size options
- BRE Green Guide A+ Rated.
- Supplied fully fitted in our extensive range of paints and stains.
- European Conformity.
- Extensive guarantees for long-lasting peace of mind.
- Modern mechanism allows for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Incorporating Swisspacer ULTIMATE, the leading warm edge spacer fitted where appropriate.
Choose from a range of paint and stain finishes with built-in high performance, endurance and quality, see customisation options for further information.
Note: Frames are generally available in most standard RAL colours but no darker than Slate Grey RAL 7015. For information on RAL colours please contact the Sales Office on 0330 119 2369.
Note: All Howarth paint/stain finishes are silk and not high gloss.Customisation Options
Standard Paint Finishes
Standard Stain Finishes
- Mortar key groove
- 22mm distance to allow clearance for dry lining and tilting
- Head drip projects below bottom of night vent slot to give good weather protection
- Night vent recessed to fit flush with inside face of head and arrised to allow for cutting in when decorating
- Eurogroover to accept espanolette or shoot bolt mechanism
- 24mm sealed units can be used
- Drained and vented bead, standard
- Optimum weather seal / sash / frame relationship for weather performance also allows for natural timber movement
- Capillary groove to stop water reaching weatherseal
- Pinned glazing bead
- 18mm rebate upstands for improved glazing perfromance and durability
- Drained and vented bead
- Angled cover on bottom of sash to assist drainage
- Sash riser block (fixed into jambs on top hung windows)
- 16 degree slope on sill and transom both assist drainage, when sash fitted, also accommodate drained and vented glazing systems
- Sill options shown are
A= Flush sill (69mm)
B= Stub sill (105mm)
C= Standard sill (155mm)
D= Extended sill (181 or 205mm)
Section Showing Direct Glazing into Frame
- 4mm - 16mm - 4mm sealed glazing unit
- Plant-on bar section
- Standard side hung sash stile with 18mm x 42mm rebate for 24mm double glazing
- Capillary groove to stop water bridging across locking mechanism in Eurogroove
- Standard mullion
- Typical standard jamb
DownloadsOur Product Specification, Technical Specification and current brochure are available in PDF format for you to download and make an informed decision.
If there's something you can't find, please don't hesitate to contact us.
GET IN TOUCH
Please use the link below to contact Howarth Timber Windows & Doors and we will get back to you within 48 hours.